Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hello from Lazy Land

I am so non productive of late. 
Cold. Tired. Ambivalent. Messy.

I wish spring would come along to boot some spring into me!
I think its coming, I see some blossom on a neighbours tree .....

Still pottering along on the vegie garden. 
We were out and about with the trailer so decided to grab a load of nice soil even though I am not finished with the extra digging or the fence....


Thanks to my awesome husband I now have some bags of horse poo waiting to be dug in. Such a wonderful gift to bring home for your wife! (I was so excited!)


Fingers crossed for a sunny day on Sunday to get those last jobs done so I can move on to planting and guarding from the snails! 
I know they are in the bushes under the dragon tree, just waiting to make that journey over the path to vegie garden goodness!


Mary Mary quite contrary 
How does your garden grow??

(I get that nursery rhyme stuck in my head after every Thursday garden post, so I have typed it in an effort to let it out and stop bouncing about in my brain)




Linking up with Squiggly Rainbow

Jacq :)





9 comments:

  1. I was singing that rhyme in my head too! Funny! We had a terrible bag of horse poo a few years ago - it has put me off I think for a very long time. It was full of maggots! Yuk! I have had people bring me moss - that makes me smile! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your husband gave you a bag of horse poo. I would be thrilled as well. We must be gardeners.
    The weather lately has been rather uninspiring and makes it very easy to be unmotivated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get totally excited about poo, you should see my neck crane when we pass a roadside seller. I have a great local source that I know is reliably pretty weed free, my potatoes went gangbusters on horsepoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, your blog is really lovely. I stumbled upon it from the Harcourt Valley Community website. I am intrigued by the Harcourt Market concept, any new developments? Cheers, Kelly (Harcourt North)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, welcome :)

      I wish I could tell you that there is, but unfortunatly I am still waiting for the council!!! Fingers crossed I will have some news soon.

      Jacq

      Delete
    2. I hope that it indeed happens, Harcourt could really benefit from something like that. I'm jazzed to hear that there are people out there trying to make things happen!

      Delete
    3. I am very excited too, I am great believer of slowing down, simple lives, hand made and home made. Its been a lot of work to apply for the permit and a definite learning experience for me. I think your right, harcourt will love it!

      Delete
    4. but, if council reject my application (which isnt likely) I will just seek out a non council location :) It will happen no matter what!

      Delete
  5. I will keep my fingers crossed. Give me a shout if you need help of the extra pair of hands variety.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!