Sunday, March 25, 2012

We're taking a run up!

I had planned on posting a tutorial on some great, easy to make, no glue or tape involved, baskets that would be great for Easter and holiday crafting.......but I haven't quite made it there yet....soon.....very soon! 

We have been SO incredibly busy here at JaxFancy HQ. 
I mostly love it! 
We are preparing for the Kids Market in Castlemaine this coming Saturday, making many lovely, rainbow cats and mice amongst other things.....

For some time I have had some wood and wire fellows in my stash of stuff, they have sat on my book shelf, naked, waiting for me to make them some fancy duds to wear.....well finally inspiration struck!


Here are some all dressed up....

I wish I had turned the Robin Hood fellow about a little, he has a real feather in his hat that Zara found in our garden :) 


































































































Rob has had his own burst of inspiration, a far bigger project than mine, and not ready for a big reveal...but here is a little peek...





I am oh so looking forward to seeing this one finished, very exciting! I really love it when our projects combine his skills and my own together, this project is one of them (well mostly his with a little of mine!).


~


I just need to finish another couple of men so I can sleep happily.... a Gnome couple I think, oh how I love Gnomes.......I really hope this book finds its way to me someday. My Nana had it, I enjoyed many, many hours looking through its pages when I was a child and I know I would again now too (I might even let my kids have a look as well!!)




I would really love to know, what book did you LOVE as a child?





:) Jacq










































2 comments:

  1. You make all these things?!! Oh my, you are my new hero, I strongly suspect you don't watch TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes your very correct. Although we do watch DVD's sometimes :) My husband does the wood work and I do the sewing. We do love making stuff :)

      Delete

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!