Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mmmm Iced Coffee Recipe!



 Now here at JaxFancy we love coffee. alot.
Actually we like Ice Break Coffee. ALOT  :)

But unfortunately for us ( Mr Diabetic and Mrs Needs to Loose 10kg )  its not very good for us, 
it is very high in sugar   *insert sad face here*
Anyhow I came across this American recipe for iced coffee and I just happened to have coffee in the cupboard .........  so I gave it a bash :) Here's how it went...


I soaked the coffee (covered) in water and let it sit at room temperature overnight and then some, y'know till I got round to it.....
 I strained it using a fine sieve and muslin. Mine was not a very close weave so I used about 6 layers.
Mmmmmmm COFFEE!! I covered the jug and put it in the fridge to get nice and chilled.











Now we need to experiment with the coffee/milk ratio, but full of ice I like it half and half, I did add a spoon of sugar or equal, but the sugar was hard to dissolve!! The recipe suggests condensed milk, and boy do I like the sound of that! Pity theres none in the cupboard.....anyhoo....I declare it a success! Yum!!





So here I am typing and sipping some fine iced coffee thinking about how nice it is to make things for ourselves (and save some pennies) and how much I love the internet!












Today sees the end of  'taking it easy' week, back to work tomorrow! It will be nice to see all the kids and my friends Lisa and Meg. 
I will just try not to think about the 'getting everybody ready for school and work' part......



Jacq :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!