Saturday, October 22, 2011

JaxFancy Dolls



Just in case you hadn't noticed........ CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!! 
Sorry if I scared you, but in the land of handmade you need to get a head start :)

I have been busy today making some dolls. 
I LOVE making them, it so cool to turn a bunch of stuff into someones best friend!

~A bunch of stuff!~

The more I think about it the more ' Frankenstein' it is! I collect bits and pieces from here and there. 
 Websites, op shops, fabric stores, antique button shops (the list goes on!) and using not much more than my mind and a sewing machine create a personality, a friend and companion. 

Here are a couple I have made recently........



One of the 'friends' I am currently working on is a custom order, 
these are exciting for me to do. This customer had definite ideas about what she would like and its great to see how anothers ideas come together.





I normally make girl dolls, but I have made boys dolls too, this is Sam!






Its best I have 3 weeks or so for a custom doll order, so if your thinking of certain colors speak to me about it leaving plenty of time before its needed.  
But I can make a doll of my own design in a week or so generally.
For anyone that is thinking of a doll as a gift this year here are some of the options you may choose from:

  • Light or dark Skin
  • Any eye color
  • Quite possibly any hair color you can imagine! Hair is normally cut long so that many hairstyles can be made
  • Overalls
  • Pants and short sleeve top
  • Pinafore and pants
  • Cardigan
  • Nightgown or simple pyjamas

To ensure the doll has a long and lovely life I always use the best quality materials that I can, for example the fabric I use for the skin is a lovely thick 100% cotton made in Holland that is produced for doll makers. When deciding on yarn for hair, I try to use 100% natural fibre ie wool, cotton, silk.
Then I can be confidant that when someone holds one of the dolls I have made they will only feel the warmth and good vibes that come from something made with love and the gifts nature gives us.



Both my girls have a doll each that I have made for them, Sunny and Rainbow are their lovely names. They are important members of our family and come just about everywhere with us AND have an extensive wardrobe!  I love that my girls sew and knit Sunny and Rainbow the things that they 'need', teaching them many skills along the way.

I have been made aware that Sunny and Rainbow might like some socks for Christmas this year (how cute!) so after a search I found these socks. I will have to conquer my fear of DPN's to knit them though!

I do hope your Christmas preparations are coming along nicely, do you make your gifts?
If you do, I would love to hear about what you're making or plan to make!



Jacq :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!