Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Fathers Day Trip




We took a car ride to see my Grandfather today for Fathers Day, next year he turns 90! I think that's a pretty good achievement. On my way home I was thinking about him alot, his very quiet influence can  be seen through the family. My childhood memories of him always have something to do with photos or him taking movies of us all. Even today he had his camera out, in fact every occasion he is there shooting away. We have TV producers, actors, musicians, film makers, painters and photographers in our family, quite possibly all because of one mans passion. I hope that one day I can look down my family tree and see that I too have positively influenced my family. 

I didn't get to see my Daddy-o today, but I did get to chat on the phone to him for a while and that my friends is ALWAYS a laugh and a half! Him and his damn goldfish! 

One more special man in my life is my husband, who is a great father to my children and loves them as if they were his flesh and blood which is his biggest gift to me. 



Happy Fathers Day to all you guys out there, dads and 'not yet dads' alike, Dads that we no longer have and miss dearly. 

Jacq


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!