Monday, September 5, 2011

High Hopes and a Good Pud



Well DirtGirl and I are going to give the 
Vegie garden another go this spring. 
Now that we have had a whole lot of rain we can water with out guilt, I hope we can have more success and enjoy the fruits of our labour.


We have plenty to go in, possibly a little too much, but if I take into account the plants that get squashed by dog/kids and basketballs it just might be okay! We are looking forward to, snowpeas, celery, pumpkin, cucumbers, capsicum, alot of lettuce, tomatos (wish me luck!) rockmelon and watermelon. And some more lettuce.









I love a good handmade day, and today feels like one of those. After a dinner of leftover Osso Bucco my lovely Aunty Paula made for Fathers Day, we whipped up THE Chocolate Pudding! I am sure my brother and I had this chocolately goodness flowing through our veins as children, now mine do too.  I try and convince every mother I know to try this recipe, its simple to make, uses everyday ingredients and is super yummy! So I am going to take this opportunity to convince a few more people to try this out!

Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
  • Using a mixer beat together 1/4 cup of butter with 1/2 cup sugar till fluffy, mix in 1 egg
  • Add 1 cup of S/R Flour, 2 dessertspoons cocoa and 1/2 cup of milk and beat for a couple of minutes. Transfer the cake mix to a casserole dish.
  • Mix together (I use the bowl the cake mix came out of, I hate dishes!)  1/2 cup of sugar, 2 cups of hot water and 2 dessertspoons of cocoa and pour over the cake mix in the casserole dish.
  • cook in the oven at 180 c for 1/2 an hour. Serve with cream......mmmm yum!! 



 Now I don't know if Mum ever played with the recipe, but I have! We have added choc chips, nutella, coffee, cinnamon (not all at once!) All were great additions although the nutella made it rather rich. I am sure it would be great for a fancy dinner party, cook it in individual dishes with some raspberries on the side...fancy ;)

Jacq :)

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing like eating crisp fresh veggies you've grown yourself.
    And that choc pud flows through the veins of 4 generations so that's proof of it's deliciousness.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. think of the yummy salads you will be able to make with your own veggies! And then of course more yummy pudding to make up for all that healthy stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!