Thursday, December 29, 2011

Summer Days

January is a month that I think about all year, I kid you not, I really do mean ALL year. When I am sitting at basketball freezing my bum off, I think about January. When I am juggling all the things working mums do day after day,  its January I look forward to. In the weeks leading up to Christmas when life becomes a blur of parties, supper plates and dress up days, its nearly January I say!

The Summer Garden


Four weeks of sun, swimming (I am sure my family is part fish), going places, still being in my dressing gown at 11am, no where to be by any particular time and relaxing. Relaxing....?



 A 2nd hand pool which has been the most wonderful entertainer!




So now that January is approaching rapidly why does my brain turn to cleaning and de-cluttering?? CLEANING?!?! Since when has cleaning is been in the January plan??

The Christmas Tree , now

Sometimes we really are our own worst enemy. (cleaning in January....sheesh!)

So as it happens when the New Year is coming, I am questioning life and its craziness. There's a lot of energy spent in this world trying to organise our lives and all the stuff that comes with it. If you google it, you will get a fright....we must all be in the same boat...

I think it's time to take a good look at the work/fun balance in my life (its way out of whack) and simplify this house to make *that* part of the work easier to manage, leaving me some time for fun. 
 Then maybe I won't need to think about cleaning next January.
Sounds like a plan.

That still leaves me with the 'cleaning this January' problem.

.........Lets call it simplifying instead, and I'll promise myself to do something relaxing everyday in January.....well I will try anyway?  :) 

How is your work/fun balance? Do you examine your own life because its New Years? Any thing you want to change??

On a lighter note I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, all kept safe and with family you love. We got a lovely surprise with my brother and his love announcing their engagement. I really couldn't be any happier for them both, I know how much their lives with be enriched 
and their love multiply when they say those words  'I do'. 
Well Done Luke and Colly xoxo

Well its 11am, time to get dressed :D 


Sunny Days to you
Jacq :)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you :) Go ahead! Leave us a comment!